marlo marketing seeks an experienced Account Manager to join the Travel division of our fast-paced, growing Boston office. The Account Manager will work with other team members to execute client marketing initiatives for a variety of travel, destination, hotel, and hospitality clients. Candidates must have a minimum of 5-7 years of communications experience, preferably within an agency setting.
- Serve as day-to-day client contact
- Lead client meetings/calls
- Lead media relations efforts
- Coordinate and staff media visits
- Participate in ideation and development of creative PR/marketing plans
- Lead execution of approved PR/marketing plans
- Create and manage budgets and timelines
- Draft and edit press releases, pitches, briefings and other media materials
- Oversee junior staff and interns to maintain quality control over all media- and client-facing materials
- Cultivate media/influencer/blogger relationships
- Stay up to date on the media and trends relevant to the travel, destination, hotel and hospitality categories
- Manage and mentor junior staff
- Support new business outreach and pitch efforts
- Report to Executive Vice President
- 5-7 years of post-college PR experience
- Agency experience
- Exceptional client management skills
- Experience creating and managing integrated PR/marketing plans and budgets
- Media relations expertise
- Strong social media experience
- Ability to organize, multitask and prioritize work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work well with others
- Ability to take direction and respond positively to constructive criticism
- Time management skills; respect for deadlines
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to create and edit media materials, presentations, plans, briefings, recaps and other client-facing documents
- Confident presentation skills
- Operate with a sense of urgency and effective follow through
We offer outstanding professional growth opportunities; a fun and supportive environment; mentoring in a team-oriented environment; competitive compensation; and excellent benefits.
If this describes you, please send an email with your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
About marlo marketing
marlo marketing represents best of class consumer products and services, offering strategic public relations and marketing counsel for start-ups to Fortune 500 companies. For more information, please visit www.marlomarketing.com or see how you are connected by following us on our LinkedIn page and request an introduction.