We live in a big world filled with billions of people, and there are countless tragedies that happen every day. As of late, however, the most heartbreaking thing has got to be the disaster in Aleppo. Maybe you don’t feel that way because we live thousands of miles away, or maybe you don’t feel that way because you have no idea what’s going on. Besides donating money to verified charities, the other thing you can do is educate yourself. As Marlo always says, the most important thing you can do is read. Read. Every. Day. One of the most valuable things reading can do is make you a more compassionate person because you are making yourself more aware. IMHO, the crisis happening in Aleppo is something everyone should know about.
· Over half the population of Syria has been forced out of their homes since the start of the civil war
· The nearly six-year Syrian conflict is the largest displacement crisis in the world
· Currently, there are 13.5 million Syrians requiring humanitarian aid
· the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs says that 411,000 children are living in besieged locations without adequate access to food, water, or healthcare
· The Syrian government is attempting to “take” the city of Aleppo, and in doing so, has killed hundreds and displaced thousands
· Efforts to evacuate civilians from Aleppo have just begun (Dec 2016)
I highly suggest you read about it as much as you can, and let’s pray that the citizens of Aleppo and Syria will know hope, love and compassion in 2017 and beyond.
Posted by Allie M.
Posted By: marlo marketing