Chug, Chug, Chug!
Ok, I need to ask all of you a question. It’s as random as they come but I need to know.
Is everyone out there drinking 64 ounces of water per day??
I’ve been told that drinking water is the key to looking youthful and helps your body in so many ways. Trying to drink the recommended amount of water is killing me though. Ok, not killing, but it’s been challenging. I’m jealous of everyone that says they do drink that much or more. Props to all of you!
I spoke with some folks and did a little research to figure out the easiest ways to make drinking water more manageable (if you’re all set and really don’t care, then stop reading here!):
- Eight eight ounce glasses of water equals the size of two large Nalgene bottles per day, so keep a bottle at your desk and chug as much as possible. If you hate how the water spills out all over you (like it did for me as I was writing this!), buy one of these “Splash Guards.”
- Add sliced lemons, limes or other fruit of your choice to make it taste better!
- As soon as you wake up in the morning, head over to the kitchen, chug a glass or two and then go to the bathroom (thanks to Mike D at Revolution Fitness!).
- If you’re stuck in a presentation or meeting, bring water in with you. You’ll be able to use this time to drink as you listen. (Upside: also have excuse for bathroom breaks when meeting drones on!)
- Buy a cute (but indestructible!) water bottle that you want to bring around with you everywhere. Like one from the Swiss company, SIGG.
- Force yourself to finish a glass before eating anything (thanks to Amelia at mm/c!).
- Swallow a tablespoon of salt (thanks to Elizabeth at mm/c!).
Share tips below, but make ‘em better than mine. Shouldn’t be too hard, right? 😉
Posted by Brianne
Posted By: marketingmarlo