Hangry is Officially a Word, NBD…Mic Drop
No word better describes the term for being hungry and angry than the word hangry. I L-O-V-E this word. Yet while we’ve all been throwing hangry around in our daily conversations, it wasn’t officially a recognized word… until now.
Recently, OxfordDictionaries.com published their list of new words added to the online dictionary. Along with hangry, we can all use mic drop, brain fart and, my personal favorite, bruh (I’m from San Diego) without having to argue with word Nazis that these words aren’t “real.”
Image source OxfordDictionaries.com
Those using public transit will also appreciate that manspreading—the practice whereby a man, especially one travelling on public transport, adopts a sitting position with his legs wide apart, in such a way as to encroach on an adjacent seat or seats—has been added to the dictionary as well.
Additional new words include:
- Mic Drop– Used to emphasize that a discussion is at an end after a definitive or particularly impressive point has been made.
- NBD – an abbreviation of no big deal.
- Beer o’clock – An appropriate time of day to start drinking beer.
- Wine o’clock – An appropriate time of day to start drinking wine.
- Bitch Face– (Typically with reference to a woman) a scowling facial expression, especially as the natural cast of a person’s features
- Fur baby– A person’s dog, cat, or other furry pet animal
- Mkay– Non-standard spelling of OK, representing an informal pronunciation (typically used at the end of a statement to invite agreement, approval, or confirmation)
Maybe auto-correct will now stop changing my “made up” words, before I rage-quit. Yep, another one accepted the world over now!
Posted by Christina V.
Posted By: blog