Homemade Chocolate Cake…in a Microwave?
For those readers watching their waist line, I am sorry.
For those readers with a sweet tooth, you are welcome.
Believe it or not, chocolate cake made in a microwave exists! And no, I’m not talking about the Sara Lee microwaveable treats from the grocery store. When a friend recently introduced me to what I thought was impossible, I was rather shocked at how simple and good the end result was. With a coffee mug, a few ingredients and five minutes on your hands, you too can have homemade chocolate cake anytime you desire!
What you will need:
- 1 coffee mug or microwave-safe container
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of baking cocoa
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla
- Chocolate chips (helps with flavoring)
What you will do:
- In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar and baking cocoa together.
- Add the egg; mix thoroughly.
- Add the milk and oil; mix thoroughly.
- Add the vanilla and some chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the mug.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Naturally, the cake will rise! Poke a fork or toothpick through the center to make sure it is cooked. If not, microwave for an additional minute.
- Allow the cake to cool in the microwave for a few minutes.
For a larger cake, adjust the ingredients and time in the microwave. Again, I’m sorry and you are welcome. Enjoy!
Posted by Justin
Posted By: marketingmarlo