It’s a Man’s World?
Robin, Caleb, Aaron and Dave are among the men who have tried their best, to varying levels of success, to infuse a little testosterone into marlo marketing/communications. However, for the most part, I put the “boy” back in our Boylston Street digs.
Not a “ladies man” in the traditional sense, I adore my co-workers and wouldn’t have it any other way. That said, there are, admittedly, a few drawbacks to an all-ladies, all-the-time office enviro. Running the risk of an agency-wide backlash I’ve included below a few pros and cons:
- There are always plenty of takers for all the ladies perfume samples I get on my lunchtime shopping excursions. (I must confess…I save Bond no.9 Chinatown for myself!)
- At any given point throughout the month somebody in the office has a bag of peanut M&Ms or half dozen Paradise choco chips to satiate my sweet tooth.
- You couldn’t dream up better dating horror stories, “[cough cough] I would have called to cancel, but I lost my voice.”
- Best ‘coffee talk’ in town.
- Inclusion on emails asking who used the last tampon.
- Default status as waterboy when the Poland Springs runs dry – though I’m convinced Elizabeth in our office could lift me and the 3 gallon tank without breaking a nail.
- I’m beginning to think I too can pull off black leggings and slouchy boots.
Finally, I’d like to point out that although I am the only man in the office, I still fall dead last in regards to sports knowledge. The mm/c gals love a good game and have taught me more than a thing or two about sports – but enough already with Mitch Belisle!!
Posted by Sam