John Oliver v. Mike Pence – The Battle of the Bunny
Last week, Vice President Mike Pence and his family released a children’s book featuring their pet rabbit, Marlon Bundo, titled Marlon Bundo’s Day in the Life of the Vice President. The book, which was written by Pence’s daughter, Charlotte, and illustrated by wife Karen/Mom (yes, he really refers to his wife as ‘Mom’), focuses on Marlon’s observations of Pence’s daily life as VP.
John Oliver of HBO’s Last Week Tonight with John Oliver announced he too was releasing a children’s book on the Pence family rabbit titled A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo – on the same day. The main differences between the two? In Oliver’s version, Marlon Bundo falls in love with another male bunny… and he rocks a colorful bowtie.
Image Source: NY Times
This story is great for SO many reasons; I’ll share my top five:
1. Oliver’s book has outsold Pence’s and is currently #1 on the Amazon best-seller list.
2. With Pence being a vocal opponent of L.G.B.T.Q. rights, he now must come to grips over the fact that there’s a book about his beloved bunny with a male lover.
3. Oliver’s book is not a parody, but a heartwarming story for children about two bunnies falling in love.
4. The audio book for Oliver’s version features the voices of Jim Parsons, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Jeff Garlin, Ellie Kemper, John Lithgow, Jack McBrayer and RuPaul.
5. Both books donate all proceeds to charities.
Posted by Allie
Posted By: marlo marketing