Knit Me A Vagina
Image source MK Carroll via knitty
As a woman, I believe I should have full autonomy and rights over my own body and the freedom to make whatever choices I believe are best for me. Many of America’s elected leaders, particular those of the male Republican variety, think otherwise. This is where The Snatchel Project and Government Free V-JJ come into play. When I first stumbled across them, I couldn’t help but be amazed by how clever and creative their tactics were.
The concept behind the project is pretty straight forward: knit your congressman a uterus or vagina and mail it to them, so “if they have their own, they can leave ours alone!”
According to the website, there are just six easy steps:
- Knit or crochet a vagina or uterus
- Print a message to enclose
- Mail it to your male Senator or Congressional Representative
- We’re in the process of arranging hand delivery to congressional office in Washington, until then, go ahead and mail yours in!
- Record your items in this spreadsheet so we can track which representatives still need to receive a “gift”
- Don’t forget to thank your representative if he respects women and supports our rights
What a great idea! And, it really doesn’t get much easier to do. Looks like I’m going to have to pull out my knitting needles from storage and get to work on my own knitted uterus. Hmm, which representative should I send it to? Who has pissed me off lately… any suggestions?
Posted by Sue