Putting Your Yankee Candle to Shame
I have a confession…
There’s something about the crisp, fall air that makes me want to throw on an apron and bake. Yes, I know, scary.
Don’t call me Betty Crocker…yet. Right now, my baking is limited to pumpkin delights that fill my kitchen with a sweet, spicy aroma that puts my Yankee Candle to shame. Take that, you $25 jar of Spiced Pumpkin.
For all of you other budding domestic goddesses out there, I thought I’d share my favorite baking endeavor from this fall. Trust me, it’s yummy. I’d like to introduce you to the most amazing bread you’ll ever taste: Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Bread.
Bake it for yourself, bake it for someone you love or bake it for your co-workers so you can all gain weight together (just kidding, girls!).
PUMPKIN SPICE CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD
Yields 1 loaf
1 ½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
½ cup pumpkin puree
1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon all-spice
¼ cup water
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, oil and eggs. Add pumpkin and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, cloves and all-spice).
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients, alternately with water, until combined.
- Pour mixture into one greased 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes or until bread tests done.
Posted by Alyssa
Posted By: netgain