Tao de Karl Lagerfeld
Image source Blenbureaux.com
Ah, Karl Lagerfeld. What a guy. From his super starched collars to his controversial runway presence and commentary, the fella certainly is not afraid to break the fashion mold. But a recent Thought Catalog round-up of some of his most memorable one-liners illustrates just how um… different KL really is.
To spare you some time, here are some stand-out nuggets of wisdom from the unapologetic fashionisto:
- “My sisters were sent away because my mother thought they were boring. I was not boring.”
- “The brain is a muscle, and I’m a kind of body-builder.”
- “I hate intellectual conversation with intellectuals because I only care about my opinion.”
- “Life is not a beauty contest, some ugly people are great. What I hate is nasty, ugly people. The worst is ugly short men. Women can be short, but for men it is impossible. It is something that they will not forgive in life – they are mean and they want to kill you.”
- “My only ambition in life is to wear size 28 jeans.”
- “Nothing scares me more than people with some doll collection.”
And finally, to cap it off with what we were all thinking anyways, Karl throws in “I have no human feelings.”
So when life gets you down or your New Year’s resolution falls to the wayside, adopt some of Karl’s wisdom and change your ‘tude. After all, “I can do whatever I want” is one of KL’s favorite mantras.
Posted by Mary
Posted By: marketingmarlo