The Not-So-Secret Secret Menu
Image Source: The Daily Meal
Confession: I may be the only person in the world who didn’t know about Starbucks’ secret menu. Apparently while I’ve been sipping on my age-old caramel lattes, everyone else has been ordering one of like, 400 out-of-the-box delicious-looking beverages from this underground menu. I was today years old when I found out, and since discovering this alternate universe, I’ve really gone down the rabbit hole. I wanted to learn what exactly was on this super-secret menu and how in the world I would order something from it.
Now I’ll pass on the baton with a few fun suggestions, so that no one has to feel as blindsided by Starbucks as I did.
- Cake Batter Frappuccino- this one is easy, just ask your barista to ‘add 1 Starbucks Birthday Cake Pop into the blender”
- Twix Frappuccino- Order a caramel frap then ask for 1-2 pumps of hazelnut syrup and java chips with a mocha drizzle
- Cotton Candy Frappuccino- Feeling pretty in pink? Simply order a vanilla bean frap and ask the barista to add 1-2 extra pumps of raspberry syrup.
- Thin Mint Frappuccino- Only the best Girl Scout Cookie ever made in liquid form. Order a Tazo green tea crème frap with 2 pumps of chocolate syrup and 1 pump up mint. If you’re feeling frisky, top it off with some java chips for some added crunch.
- Butterbeer Latte- Harry Potter fans rejoice! This famous beverage is easy to recreate. Order a caramel latter with 2 pumps of toffee nut and cinnamon dolce syrup.
- The Nutella- I mean, who isn’t a Nutella-lover? Start by ordering a caffe misto and then ask to add 1 pump of chocolate and hazelnut syrup with a drizzle of caramel.
- Red Velvet Frappuccino- Looks good, tastes even better. Order a half-white chocolate mocha and half regular mocha Frappuccino with 2 pumps of raspberry syrup and don’t forget the whipped cream.
These recipes are just skimming the surface of Starbucks’ “secret” menu. You can find more with a simple Google search and by rummaging through social media!
Posted by Abby