Under the Sea…
First, we learned that mermaid heroines were making a come back and now it seems those foxy fishtail femmes are making a splash in the fashion scene. Well, sort of…
Recently, one of my favorite blogs, Cupcakes and Cashmere (I mean who doesn’t love a blogger who literally goes around town dressing up and taking photos of herself in cute outfits?) posted on her experimental “Mermaid Nails”. Now, I’m not one for funky nail polish hues, but I have to say, this oh-so-eye-catching nail art immediately captured my attention. The best part? It’s super easy to do on yourself.
If you want to transform your digits into a summery, mermaid-esque design WITHOUT scaring away the man in your life (we all know how much guys love our funky fashion choices…or not…), this might be your “happy medium” between fashion forward and fashion faux pas. Speaking of which, I wonder whatever happened with those turquoise snakeskin pumps I used to own? Hmm…
Here’s how to add an instant dose of glam to your summer style…
- Choose a fun, turquoise nail polish color. Cupcakes and Cashmere recommends Essie’s Mint Candy Apple.
- Purchase a small container of turquoise glitter from a craft store. A little goes a long way!
- Paint two coats of the nail color on your nails.
- Add your favorite topcoat to just the bottom half of your nails.
- Dip a separate brush into the top coat and then into the glitter.
- Apply glitter to the bottom half of your nails.
Not into turquoise hues? Try a bright coral color mixed with gold glitter or a sexy gray hue with silver glitter.
Posted by Alyssa