Do you live and breathe all things culinary? Are you the go-to resource for where to dine and drink for everyone you know? Do you spend every moment you can checking off that next best restaurant on your bucket list?
If you’re eager to join a tribe that shares your passion for food, bevvies, and hospitality, look no further, we got you!
Here’s a bit about marlo marketing and why we may be your cup of tea:
- Our crew is all about collab. Every member of the team is valued and respected for the unique individual they are, and we know that our strength lies in the teamwork that comes from embracing our many distinct voices and viewpoints.
- Always learning. We’re question-askers, knowledge-seekers, and lifelong students of our craft. Mentorship, training, and professional development are offered at every level not only for the role we have today, but for the ones we’ll hold tomorrow – wherever that may be.
- There’s more to life than the (virtual) office. Social activities are second nature to us (just check our Insta). From brewery visits to yoga classes, zoo trips to potluck shindigs, we prioritize get togethers for fun and team bonding…especially when they involve our cool clients 😉
- We master our own destiny. Every one of us is empowered and encouraged to attain the experience, knowledge, and role we desire. You decide what you want your path at mm to be – we’ll help you get there.
- Resting and recharging are non-negotiable. Unlimited PTO days. Birthdays off. Paid holidays. Week off between Christmas and New Year. We work hard and play harder.
- We’re friends with benefits. Fully covered dental, short-term, and long-term disability. 70% health insurance coverage. Monthly phone reimbursement. 401k with generous employer match. Flexible Spending Account. And a bunch of other benes to make life easier.
- We don’t stop until we’re proud. We believe that anything worth doing is worth doing well. In other words, we get sh*t done. If you share that ethos, we’re your kindred spirits.
We’re seeking an experienced Public Relations Account Manager who loves media relations, has a true passion for the hospitality space, and is eager to spread the news about leading, innovative restaurants and culinary personalities. If you can whip up cool, compelling, pitch angles in your sleep and have a knack for nurturing relationships with clients and media alike, we want to work with you! This is primarily a remote position with periodic visits to clients or to our Boston-based office.
- Serve as day-to-day client contact
- Lead client meetings/calls
- Lead media relations efforts
- Draft and edit press releases, pitches, briefings, and other media materials
- Develop and lead execution of approved PR/marketing plans
- Assist in management of budgets and timelines
- Oversee junior staff to maintain quality control over all media- and client-facing materials
- Cultivate media/influencer/client relationships
- Stay up to date on the media and trends relevant to client categories
- Manage and mentor junior staff
- Support new business outreach and pitch efforts
- Undeniable passion for the restaurant category and those seeking to enhance it
- Minimum 5-7 years of post-college PR-agency experience
- Exceptional client management skills
- Experience creating and managing integrated PR/marketing plans and budgets
- Media relations expertise
- Strong social media experience
- Ability to organize, multitask and prioritize work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work well with others
- Ability to take direction and respond positively to constructive criticism
- Time management skills; respect for deadlines
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to create and edit media materials, presentations, plans, briefings, recaps and other client-facing documents
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Operate with a sense of urgency and effective follow through
We offer outstanding professional growth opportunities; a fun and supportive environment; mentoring in a team-oriented environment; competitive compensation; and excellent benefits.
If we sound up your alley, please send an email with your resume, cover letter and salary requirements for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.