In 2017, Boylston Properties (a leading Boston real estate developer) and partner company Wilder (a national developer of retail shopping centers) were in final negotiation and planning stages to transform Watertown’s tired 1970’s Arsenal Mall into a vibrant, mixed-use residential, retail, and office community. Positioning the upcoming Arsenal Yards as a positive, beneficial addition to Watertown was a critical next step in making it a reality. In addition, it was imperative to capture the interest of potential national retailers in order to motivate other large and small retailers to sign leases.
- Position Arsenal Yards as a “thriving new neighborhood” and the developers as leaders in the much-needed revitalization of Watertown.
- Keep Watertown City Council and public interest in Arsenal Yards positive and growing, pre-, during, and post-tenant openings.
- Amidst headlines heralding the death of retail to e-commerce, capture the attention of potential national retailers to motivate lease commitments.
- Support Arsenal Yards’ sales efforts at key ICSC (retail) conventions by creating compelling collateral materials, including a 2-minute video.
- Capture the interest of potential retailers with an irresistible, must-open delivery to retail brokers and executives, containing information and Boston-themed items showcasing the assets and attractiveness of Arsenal Yards.
- Continually establish the new Arsenal Yards brand by filling media pipelines with news about milestones, progress, tenant announcements, new hires, and investments; write bylined articles for placement in consumer and trade publications.
- Maintain positive community relationships by keeping residents informed with construction updates and new lease announcements via earned media, a new monthly newsletter-style ad in the local community paper, and development of strategic statements in response to political issues.