CareDash.com launched in 2016 after CEO and Founder Ted Chan noticed two troubling trends: mainstream healthcare provider review sites tend to cater to and attract patients of a higher socioeconomic status, and many existing sites accept financial compensation for removal of negative reviews. CareDash was created with the goal of building trust and credibility by offering 100% transparency in easy-to-use doctor review services for the 95% of the population who need it most.
- Increase public awareness and traffic to the CareDash website to grow the database of reviews and healthcare provider ratings.
- Drive SEO and generate backlinks to CareDash.com, with a specific focus on direct links to doctor profiles.
- Build CareDash into a nationally recognized consumer brand (“the Yelp of doctor reviews”).
- Define and differentiate CareDash from mainstream doctor review sites by educating consumers and media about its unique model of healthcare transparency vs. other pay-for-play review sites.
- Illustrate the relevancy, transparency, and access of CareDash by leveraging major current issues into brand messaging platforms:
- Year One: Optimized the guaranteed news hook of President Trump’s first 100 days in office via the “Nervous Nation” Campaign including a CareDash-commissioned national survey; a spokesperson collaboration with a nationally recognized stress expert; and a media-genic local market “Coping Clinic” event.
- Year Two: Amidst growing public awareness of the opioid epidemic, executed a comprehensive study by CareDash researchers entitled, “Possible Side Effects: Investigating the Connection Between Payments from Pharmaceutical Companies and the Prescribing Habits of Physicians.” Campaign included the publishing of a white paper reviewed and researched with a leading U.S. expert on bioethics, Dr. Aaron Kesselheim; the creation of a summary infographic; and a comprehensive webpage laying out all campaign materials.