Margaritas’ 27 locations lacked a cohesive and impactful marketing strategy throughout both its company-owned and franchise restaurants located from Maine to Pennsylvania. The CEO took the bold step of replacing his entire internal marketing team and responsibility for the $2M marketing budget by outsourcing ownership of all marketing functions to marlo marketing.
Create and implement a comprehensive marketing plan in order to:
- Rejuvenate customer engagement.
- Communicate effectively to internal and external constituencies.
- Differentiate the brand from other restaurants in the casual dining category.
- Increase efficiencies across the board.
- Execute comprehensive brand audit; identify pain points and most efficient revenue drivers.
- Serve as the brand’s in-house marketing department; manage email marketing, social media (content, engagement, advertising), branding, graphic design, loyalty & gift card programs, media & influencer relations, in-store promotions & events, partnerships, local store marketing, internal & external communications, online reputation management, budgeting, and reporting.
- Collaborate with leadership and operations teams to ensure cohesive and seamless execution of all marketing initiatives.
- Elevate brand identity; refine existing consumer touchpoints to be stronger sales tools.
- Create measurable and targeted promotions across all locations to drive sales and traffic.
In addition to reducing the brand’s overall marketing spend by 10%, the marlo team drove measurable and record-setting company sales throughout the year, including: