In Fall 2019, Moxy Hotels opened its first Boston location in the heart of Boston’s Theater District – an edgy, fun, and stylish new hotel that gives guests everything they want and nothing they don’t. Filled with buzzing social spaces for “fun hunter” guests and locals, Moxy Boston Downtown boldly breaks the rules of a conventional hotel stay.
With three months’ lead time, the marlo marketing team was tasked with creating buzzworthy programming and packages, facilitating partnerships, and building strong local and regional awareness of this new, high-energy hotel through positive press and influencer relations to drive guest bookings and local traffic.
- Craft and execute comprehensive media relations campaign to build awareness and drive bookings from pre- to post-opening, including first-looks, tours, an opening party, press visits and interviews with key hotel executives.
- Develop a multi-layered influencer program to spotlight Moxy’s buzzing social spaces, unique amenities, F&B at Bar Moxy, and to boost overall excitement about the hotel.
- Secure and book an ongoing slate of media and social influencer visits, tours and interviews, including a trio of “first look” photo shoots to create pre-opening buzz; and customized events catering to foodie, cocktail, beauty, travel & lifestyle influencers.
- Identify and secure key partnerships with brands like Glamsquad and Commonwealth Shakespeare Company to expand the Moxy network and integrate into unique programming.
- Develop creative travel packages such as “Backstage Pass” and “MoxyMoon” to highlight amenities and stay top of mind with media and consumers.