Paint Nite launched in March 2012 in Boston by selling discounted tickets on group discount sites. At the time, the concept of social painting was virtually unknown. While a handful of brick-and-mortar establishments existed, Paint Nite’s “nomadic” business model was unique to the marketplace. A year later, the founders came to marlo marketing for help in taking their business to the next level.
- Launch the Paint Nite lineup into 18 new markets across the U.S.
- Increase revenue by driving participants to buy tickets directly on their website instead of group discount sites.
- Own the concept of social painting by positioning Paint Nite as the market leader locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Develop soup-to-nuts media relations strategy in each local market, including media list development, customized pitch angles, and media relations.
- Execute intensive advance-market publicity campaigns including transforming artists into qualified local media spokespeople and brand ambassadors via a customized “how to” media messaging kit that ensured the accurate delivery of carefully crafted Paint Nite brand messages.
- Leverage Paint Nite’s momentum by targeting stories in national business and lifestyle media, spotlighting the social painting trend by featuring the Paint Nite experience as the industry leader.