One of Boston’s most anticipated events, Party in the Park is the annual fundraiser to benefit the Emerald Necklace Conservancy. A volunteer committee had managed every element of the event since PIP began in 1998, including press outreach and communication. Most past coverage hit post-event, in sections such as the society pages, which was beneficial for awareness of the event and its attendees but didn’t succeed in selling tickets or communicating the organization’s mission in a thoughtful way. The committee decided to bring on professional marketing support in 2015.
- Achieve stronger public education about the ENC’s mission – the reason for PIP’s existence.
- Increase pre-event awareness in order to sell additional tickets.
- Recommend creation of “PIP Season,” taking all of the previously one-off pre-luncheon committee events and repackaging them into a more newsworthy, public platform.
- Draft messaging materials to ensure key points were always communicated.
- Develop a range of pitch angles to secure coverage across a wide swath of local media – print, radio, and broadcast.