Are you passionate about branding and design? Do you have experience delivering visually-compelling executions across a variety of mediums? Are you an active problem-solver eager to apply creative thinking at every turn? If so, we want to meet you!
marlo marketing seeks an enthusiastic Junior Graphic Designer to join our Boston-based Creative Services team. The Junior Graphic Designer will work with other team members to deliver design solutions for a variety of consumer lifestyle clients.
- Deliver fresh ideas and practical solutions for projects big and small
- Produce innovative designs that follow brand standards
- Participate in critiques and team brainstorming exercises; collaborate with other Designers and staff members
- Complete projects from start to finish, including initial concepting through client interaction/feedback
- Support the design team on print, digital, social and other long- and short-term assignments
- 2-4 years of post-college design experience, preferably in an agency environment
- BFA in Graphic Design or equivalent professional work experience
- A kick-ass portfolio that demonstrates beautiful, meaningful, and functional visual designs (typographic and brand)
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Cloud, especially InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, and Invision; design proficiency in PowerPoint; versed in Google Workspace
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS, editing/customizing WordPress, Squarespace, email marketing templates, and social media assets
- Full production/file preparation experience for both web and print; print management knowledge strongly preferred
- Self-starting, self-managing, self-motivated, and self-proofing
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize, meet deadlines, and juggle a full plate of assignments across all channels (print, direct, digital, video, etc.)
- Typographic excellence, a commitment to accuracy & organization, and strong written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to take direction, effectively present work, articulate design decisions to teams and clients, and respond positively to constructive feedback
- Maintain high work standards and proactively learn new techniques, software and trends in graphic arts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of various file types and their specific uses
We offer outstanding professional growth opportunities; a fun and supportive environment; mentoring in a team-oriented environment; competitive compensation; and excellent benefits.
If this describes you — and you have a portfolio to prove it — please send an email with your resume, salary requirements, and online portfolio link (or PDF) to email@example.com.