marlo marketing seeks an experienced and energetic Media Relations Manager to spearhead outreach efforts for a variety of leading lifestyle and hospitality brands. The Media Relations Manager will maintain strong relationships with regional/national and influencer targets on behalf of the agency, seeking thoughtful and brand-building coverage opportunities. Candidates must possess a passion for creative storytelling, a proven track record of media placements, and a minimum of 5-7 years of public relations experience; food & beverage category experience a plus! This role may be based out of our New York office, depending on the candidate.
- Cultivate media and influencer relationships
- Lead media relations efforts on behalf of multiple clients in the lifestyle & hospitality sectors by developing and executing strategic outreach plans
- Secure high value placements with regional and national media targets
- Coordinate and staff media visits
- Draft and edit press releases, pitches, briefings and other media materials
- Stay up to date on the media and trends relevant to food, beverage and restaurant categories
- Report to Vice President
- 5-7 years of post-college PR experience
- Media relations expertise
- Ability to craft – and pitch – compelling narratives
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to organize, multitask and prioritize work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work well with others
- Ability to take direction and respond positively to constructive criticism
- Time management skills; respect for deadlines
- Operate with a sense of urgency and effective follow through
We offer outstanding professional growth opportunities; a fun and supportive environment; mentoring in a team-oriented environment; competitive compensation; and excellent benefits.
If this describes you, please send an email with your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.