marlo marketing seeks an experienced PR professional to join our fast-paced, growing Boston office. Candidates must possess a strong interest in the CPG/food & beverage category, exceptional media relations skills, and have a minimum of 3-5 years of public relations experience, preferably within an agency setting.
- Alongside Account Manager, serve as day-to-day client contact for assigned accounts
- Participate in brainstorms and contribute to creation of PR programs and plans
- Execute approved client PR/marketing plans
- Participate in client status calls/meetings; leading at times, when appropriate
- Manage results tracking and reporting
- Draft and distribute press releases, pitches, media/message materials, meeting agendas, recaps, etc.
- Identify and respond to proactive and reactive editorial media opportunities
- Cultivate strong media/influencer relationships; pitch media
- Stay up to date on the media and trends relevant to client categories
- Maintain a high level of consistent quality across agency deliverables
- Manage Account Coordinators and interns
- Report to Account Manager
- 3-5 years of post-college PR experience, ideally within an agency setting
- Proven media relations experience and success; familiarity with the media landscape
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage time well, and meet deadlines
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proactive nature and pride in a job well done
- Comfort with client communications
- Ability to take direction and respond positively to constructive criticism
- Willingness to be a team player
- Holistic understanding of – and interest in – marketing, including social media, online content development, email marketing, etc.
- Operate with a sense of urgency and effective follow through
We offer outstanding professional growth opportunities; a fun and supportive environment; mentoring in a team-oriented environment; competitive compensation; and excellent benefits.
If this describes you, please send an email with your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.