Are you in the know about the hottest spots in town without even trying? Are you the hero who comes through with that impossible-to-get-rezy every Friday night? Do you know the absolute perfect location for every social occasion? Are you a hustler who can pull together a killer event with the snap of your fingers? If so, this is the role for you!
marlo marketing seeks an enthusiastic and nimble sales professional to lead an independent, hospitality booking division of our rapidly growing integrated marketing agency. Candidates must possess an understanding of the hospitality space, the ability to work autonomously, be a prolific networker, a self-starter, and have prior experience in a sales and relationship development role. For the right person, the growth potential for this commission-based role is unlimited!
- Cultivate new and existing relationships with all venues within our portfolio
- Solicit and manage incoming requests for portfolio additions
- Maintain updated venue details (menus, spaces, prices, etc.) on our website; add new listings as they sign on
- Oversee the booking process from initial inquiry to final payment
- Serve as primary point of contact for clients and venues
- Develop, plan and execute strategies to drive sales; identify and develop sales contacts/leads
- Respond to inbound inquiries seeking event or reservation assistance
- Create and manage budgets and timelines; provide monthly revenue reports
- Attend and represent agency at appropriate networking events as they arise
- Drive awareness of marlo venues via, but not limited to, social media, event and conference attendance
- Maintain meticulous database of leads, inquiries, contacts, events, budgets, visits, calls, sales and updates
- Conduct site visits as necessary
- Manage event coordination including all logistics and follow up
- Report directly to agency Principal
- Prior experience in a sales or development role
- Exceptional client and vendor management skills
- Experience managing budgets and tracking revenue
- Ability to organize, multitask and prioritize work under pressure
- Excellent writing, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills
- Time management skills; respect for deadlines
- Knowledge of and passion for the hospitality space
- Operate with a sense of urgency and effective follow through
- The drive to not stop until you’re proud
We offer outstanding professional growth opportunities, a fun and supportive environment, mentoring in a team-oriented environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
If this describes you, please send an email with your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.