Pursuing the Pivot
Though many have stumbled, just as many have humbly faced adversity with the opportunity to reinvent in ways previously thought impossible. For some, new doors have opened and core competencies have unexpectedly expanded. As we approach the 12 month anniversary of the lockdowns that happened across the US, I had the pleasure of moderating a panel of hospitality industry experts from across the spectrum: investment, development, design, restaurant ops, marketing, culinary, and lodging on what they’ve done—and will continue to do—to stay afloat and stand out until COVID is behind us.
Our lively discussion revolved around how to remain true to one’s passion and craft while making survival decisions that will inform businesses for years to come.
Thank you to the participating panelists:
– Jeremy Levitt, Principal, Parts + Labor Design
– Garrett Harker, Former Owner, Eastern Standard, The Hawthorne, Row 34, ICOB; Current Owner, Branch Line, Eastern Standard Provisions
– Mitch Prensky, Former Director of Culinary, Hyatt Hotels Corp; Founder/CEO, Collective Hospitality
– Bashar Wali, Former President & CEO, Provenance Hotels; Founder/CEO This Assembly & Practice Hospitality
– Nicole Ponseca, Chef/Owner, Jeepney & Tita Baby’s Brad Nichols, Principal, Geolo Capital
– Brad Nichols, Principal, Geolo Capital